Wednesday 16 April 2014

Sal kantha - tara booti,dots,curlicues and stem

I have finished the dots near the crown leaf with kantha filling stitch using 2 strands of black Anchor stranded cotton floss.
                                                    


I have completed the small flowers above the bud with 'tara booti' using 2 strands of purple floss shd # 112.

To stitch 'tara booti' follow the instructions below:                                         
                         
Step 1: Bring the needle and thread up through the center of the motif, go down at the end of one spoke.                                       
 Step 2: Come up again at the center and go down at the end of the next spoke.                                         
 Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all the spokes are stitched.

                                         
I have also stitched the curlicues at the bottom with kantha stitches using 2 strands of black floss and the stem with kantha stitches using 2 strands of green floss shd #269.

See y'all next Wednesday ..

P.S. Thank y'all again for your wishes and am feeling a lot better now and hope I will be able show some new stuff now that am okay.

Happy stitching!
Anita

10 comments:

deanna7trees said...

i'm not stitching along but enjoying watching all the steps.

crazyQstitcher said...

I am happy you are feeling much better Anita.

Erica said...

Hi Anita. Really pleased you are feeling much better. I have been focussing on finishing a quilt for my 3 year old grandson - and, yay! I have finished it. Now I have some catching up to do with the SAL...

Anita said...

Thank you so much Erica.Lucky Grandson of yours..really how many Grandmothers do that now! Congratulations on your quilt finish,yay! Am sure your grandson will learn to cherish and treasure the quilt when he grows up.Looking forward to see your kantha.

l'alternativa said...

Sta venendo fuori un bellissimo lavoro, come sempre sei una bravissima insegnante. Baci
Emi

letslearnembroidery said...

Hi Anita, I'd been staying away from internet for a while coz so much of work around the house and on the farm.Have lots of catching up to do here.I know it's too late but hope you don't mind sending me this pattern.

nsangheetha said...

Hi Anitha,

Love the tara booties. They are so neat. I have done the last week's SAL and bit of this week's too.
Also can you pls post a closeup of the stacked kantha filling stitches used in the design. Bcoz in the stitch tutorial, there is no outline, but in the design, it looks like there is an outline.

Thanks for the great effort.
Sangheetha.

Leelagovind said...

hi anita
i have updated this week's SAL here..
http://leelashobbies.blogspot.in/2014/04/sal-kantha-tara-booti-and-dots_21.html

Anita said...

@ Sangheetha - Yes,I will post a close-up.The stacked kantha stitch doesn't have to have an outline but in this pattern I felt it looks better with an outline.I've given the details in that lesson..the instructions are just below the first image.

Unknown said...

hi I just came across your SAL. I'd love to try it out. Could you send the pattern? and also the pattern for chikankari SAL you had done earlier? Thank you. anandi.sk@gmail.com