Saturday 20 July 2013

Patch work


I have a small square table covered with my mom's 40+ years old cross stitch cloth . I like to keep my threads,stitching accessories on it while I stitch. I just love that table for many reasons and that poor table was begging for a make over :) so I made this simple patch work cover..

                                    

Yesterday evening I was sitting in my balcony and stitching..suddenly there was a storm and I managed to take a couple of pictures...

                                        
                                                                  before the storm


                                          

Do you have any favorite place or a furniture which is a part of your stitching journey? Please do share with me...

Have a great weekend!
Happy stitching!
Anita

8 comments:

Jeito Mineiro de Ser said...

Coloco meu material de bordado em uma caixa grande de plástico, o material de crochê em outra e o material de costura fica na oficina. As caixas, vou levando para vários lugares da casa...
Grande tempestade!
Um abraço!
Egléa

I put my stuff embroidery on a large box of plastic material in another crochet and sewing material is in the workshop. Boxes, go along to various places of the house ...
Big storm!
Hugs!
Egléa

margaret said...

that is certainly a storm and a half you had.
new cloth looks very nice on the table.
Nothing interesting in the way of furniture etc unless I count a small box like table that was my Grandmothers, think it should be used for my current projects now I think about it but it houses the telephone directory etc and odd bits and pieces

deanna7trees said...

i love your glass table and the wonderful black and white cover. wow...that must have been some storm.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Very lovely looking cloth for your table. I have a sewing box that belonged to my aunt that I treasure.

letslearnembroidery said...

We have an old singer sewing machine and my mom claims that it's almost 100 years old!I'd done a patchwork many years ago but never finished it.The storm picture is awesome - it looks more like a tornado.

Anita said...

@ Ina - wow..100 years old sewing machine! Do you use it? Are there spare parts available now ?
My mom's machine is only 40 years old which still works( !) and only twice she had to change the shuttle.Old is gold is true I think :)

Unknown said...

Anita,
thank you very much for your visit and kind comment ...
Your embroidery is getting pretty ...
I like this type of embroidery, which looks like a cloth sample points ... It is very beautiful ...
On my local embroidery, usually in the room, at the foot of a window that got into the yard ... It is light and quiet.
The photos from her window, before and during the storm, were very expressive.
A good week for self and family,
with hugs Maria Filomena.

PS. - My knowledge of English is very small and therefore, to be faster and be able to write a bit more I'm using Google translator. Thus, there are the mistakes, I apologize.

livingwell123.blogspot.com said...

Yes I do have odd places where I work..out in the patio or the beach or while on travels..you can see more of my art journey too..and travel with me here ..http://livingwell231.blogspot.com
lots of regards
Shanti